There really is no such thing as a standard repair, especially when one considers the almost limitless number of profiles and configurations that wood trusses can be designed for in today’s marketplace. This webinar will provide participants with a better understanding of how to develop effective and efficient repairs for metal plate connected wood trusses. Participants will learn how to avoid costly errors and how to recognize when it’s necessary to hire a specialized structural engineer.
ASCE Continuing Education and ASCE’s Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) will host, “Evaluating Damage and Repairing Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses – A Live ASCE Webinar,” on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (ET). Through this webinar, attendees can:
- Learn the right questions to ask when faced with a truss repair situation in order to assess the situation correctly
- Avoid costly errors by handling damaged trusses and plates situations correctly
- Learn about standard repairs on damaged wood trusses
- Learn solutions with symmetrical and asymmetrical repairs
- Examine how site conditions may affect truss/damage repair (i.e. It may be possible to calculate a repair, but site conditions may make implementation impossible)
- Earn 1.5 Professional Development Hours (1.5 PDHs)
Jim Vogt, P.E. has been with Qualtim, Inc. since March 2006 and serves as the Director of Technical Services. Mr. Vogt has over 20 years experience in the fields of engineering, construction, manufacturing, quality assurance, testing, and wood science and technology.
Reminder: Registration ends on May 10. Register early as space is limited!
Questions? Call 1-800-548-2723.